The family-friendly Labrador retriever has done it again: It’s the most popular purebred dog in the U.S. — for the astonishing 25th year in a row.
“The versatile, lovable Lab has firmly planted its paw print in AKC’s history,” American Kennel Club Vice President Gina DiNardo in a press release. The organization tracked how many dogs of each breed were registered in the past year and released the rankings on Monday.
German shepherds, golden retrievers, bulldogs and beagles filled out the top five, which remains unchanged from the previous year.
However, DiNardo explained that the rankings could be shaken up a bit in coming years.
“Keep your eye on the French Bulldog,” she said. “The Frenchie has risen 32 spots over the past decade and shows no signs of stopping.”
Here are the 10 most popular dogs in the U.S.:
- 1 Retrievers (Labrador)mdmilliman via Getty Images
- 2 German Shepherd DogsTim Flach via Getty Images
- 3 Retrievers (Golden)Stan Fellerman via Getty Images
- 4 BulldogsBlake Little via Getty Images
- 5 BeaglesLunja via Getty Images
- 6 French BulldogsGoodLifeStudio via Getty Images
- 7 Yorkshire TerriersBananaStock via Getty Images
- 8 PoodlesAnthony Lee via Getty Images
- 9 RottweilersKailashKSoni via Getty Images
- 10 BoxersMichael Lofenfeld via Getty Images