Grace Kelly is an icon of beauty, style, and, well, grace. She hadan amazing talent that every director in Hollywood recognizedthe moment they laid eyes on her.
Her coolness on camera combined with her natural beauty made for the perfect leading lady,one who is still incredibly revered today. As soon as her career got started, there seemed to beno stopping it. That is, of course, until she became the Princess of Monaco.
Kelly’s Hollywood career didn’t last all that long, but the 11 movies she made during that time are classics think:Rear Window, To Catch a Thief, The Country Girl,andDial M for Murder.And it’s worth noting that three of those films were directed by Alfred Hitchcock, who used her talent to its fullest. Those were the only three movies that the duowould film together, but their work haslong been admired.
But what was going on with Kelly behind the scenes,while this whirlwind of a career was flying by her?
These 12 facts about Kelly aren’t well-known, but they are certainly surprising. Please SHARE with your family and friends who love Grace Kelly and her films!
1. She Thought Her Waist Was Too Small
2. Her Father Didnt Support Her Career Choice
3. She Wasnt First Choice For The Country Girl
4. She Brought Her Own Snacks To Set
5. She Was Known For Seducing Powerful Leading Men
6. She Preferred To Do Her Own Makeup And Hair
7. She Was In A Relationship When She Met Her Future Husband
8. Thousands Of Fans Sent Her Off To Her Wedding
9. She Was Not Allowed To Act After Her Marriage
10. Her Youngest Daughter Was Not At Her Funeral
11. James Stewart Delivered Her Eulogy
12. Her Film Career Only Lasted Five Years