We all know that dog is man’s (and woman’s) best friend. Although it’s hard to imagine, royalty are people too, and they are no exception to the man’s best friend rule.
In fact, thesocial status and unlimited funds of kings and queens often meant that pooches were given the full royal treatment. While it’s hard to come to terms with the fact that a dog had such a better lifestyle than wedo, the royals can’t be blamed for spoiling their canines. We’d all happily do the same if we were born into such circumstances!
Of course, what is most notable about these royal dogsis often their fierce loyalty for their owners and the way they served them as loyal subjects, even though they presumably had no idea they were legally obligated to do so.
Scroll through below for some notable royal dogs. And don’t forget to pleaseSHARE with family and friends on Facebook!
Thumbnail source: Wikimedia Commons / Louis-Michel van Loo
1. King Edward VII’s Terrier, Caesar Of Notts
2. Marie Antoinette’s Pug, Mops
3. King George VI’s Corgi, Dookie
4. Kamehameha III Of Hawaii’s English Mastiff, ‘Evelaina
5. Louis XIV’s Toy Poodle, Filou
6. Mary, Queen Of Scots’ Maltese
7. King Charles II’s Spaniels
8. Alexander The Great’s Dog, Peritas
9. Catherine The Great’s Italian Greyhound, Zemira
10. Queen Victoria’s Pomeranian, Turi
Read more: https://www.littlethings.com/royal-dogs/