New Year’s Eve is a joyous occasion for most people, full of parties with friends, celebrations, and watching the ball drop. Even if you choose to stay home on New Year’s Eve, it’s fun to snuggle up on the couch with a cup of cocoa and welcome the New Year.
One man, Bob, was doing just that. He was home with his dog, Kelsey, and the two were enjoying an evening by the fire. At 10:30 pm, the fire was dwindling, so Bob decided to head outside and restock his logs.
When he went outside, though, he slipped and broke his neck. Laying paralyzed on the ground, he knew he was in a terrible situation. It was 24 degrees and Bob was stuck. He couldn’t move and his closest neighbors were a quarter-mile away much too far to hear him.
Still, he yelled for help, hoping someone would hear his cries. None of his neighbors heard him, but someone else did: his golden retriever, Kelsey.
When she heard her owner crying out for help, she came running. Once she found Bob, she laid on top of him for warmth.
Realizing that something was seriously wrong, Kelsey started barking. Even after Bob passed out from the pain, Kelsey continued laying on him and barking. She stayed there for 20 hours, until someone finally heard her and came to help.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.